Effective: December 1, 2021
Western Asset is a global asset management firm comprised of six legal entities operating as one firm. The entities include: Western Asset Management Company, LLC (the Pasadena and New York offices); Western Asset Management Company Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários Limitada (the São Paulo office); Western Asset Management Company Limited (the London and Zurich offices); Western Asset Management Company Pte. Ltd. (the Singapore office); Western Asset Management Company Ltd (the Tokyo office); and Western Asset Management Company Pty Ltd (the Melbourne office) (collectively, “Western Asset”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Australia: Privacy Statement
How We Use Your Personal Information We may use your information to:
- Conduct administrative or operational processes within our business;
- Process and respond to requests, inquiries or complaints received by you;
- Identify and contact you about other services and products we offer;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with information about our events, webinars, blogs, or commentaries which you may unsubscribe to receiving our marketing emails at any time;
- Comply with applicable laws or regulations or at the request of a competent regulatory authority (such as the recording of telephone calls and monitoring of emails);
- Identify visitors to our website to compile statistical data and to track how users navigate through our website in order to enable us to evaluate and improve our website;
- Monitor and analyze our business for development purposes;
- Conduct market research surveys, only if you have chosen to participate;
- Prevent, investigate and provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of our website or data systems, or to meet legal obligations.
Lawful Basis for Processing The lawful basis on which we process personal information is to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to fulfil our contractual obligations with you and/or to pursue Western Asset’s legitimate interests where these are not outweighed by your interests. In some circumstances, we may rely on your consent to send electronic marketing communications.
Protection of Your Personal Information We employ up to date data storage, back up and security measures that seek to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We apply robust information security management processes, which we believe are in line with the standards required and prevailing in our industry. With respect to our internal security procedures, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your non-public information, and we restrict access to this information. For details, please view our Online Security Policy.
International Transfers and Sharing Your Personal Information We may share or transfer your personal information with our affiliates and, in certain circumstances, with service providers or other third-parties. Where your information is transferred outside the EEA and the UK, we will take measures to ensure the protection of your personal information is handled with the same or similar levels of protection with regard to privacy legislation. Access is limited to those employees, service providers and third-parties who need access to it in order to provide you with our services; process a transaction, service an account, communicate with you (including, with your consent, to send you marketing communications in the jurisdictions we operate); or as otherwise permitted by our legal or regulatory obligations. We will take the appropriate steps to ensure that such service providers and third-parties treat your personal information with the same consideration that we do.
We may from time to time be required to disclose your information to comply with law enforcement bodies, regulators, agencies or third parties under a legal requirement or a court order. We act responsibly and take account of your interests when responding to any such requests.
Your Data Protection Rights Individuals have the following rights, under certain circumstances, associated with their personal information. These rights will vary by country, but may include the right to:
- Access personal information;
- Correct personal information;
- Restrict the use of personal information;
- Request that personal information be deleted;
- Object to the processing of personal information;
- Data portability (in certain specific circumstances); and
- Lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Retention of Your Personal Information We will keep your personal information as required by applicable laws and regulations and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Links to Social Media If you are logged into your social media account or use your social media credentials to log-in to our website, those social media companies might collect some personal information about you, such as your IP address and the pages where you visited on our website. We are not responsible for your use of these platforms, the content, or their privacy practices which we do not control.
Children’s Privacy Our websites and online services are for individuals who are at least 18 years of age. Our online services are not designed to be used by minors under the age of 18.
Contact Information If you should have any questions about our privacy practices, email email@example.com or contact us by phone or post at the following office locations:
Western Asset Management Company, LLC
385 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
Phone: (844) 905-0999
Western Asset Management Company Limited
10 Exchange Square, Primrose Street
London, EC2A 2EN
Phone: +44 (0)20 7422 3000
Western Asset Management Company Pty Ltd
Level 48, 120 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Western Asset Management Company Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários Limitada
Av. Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek
1455 - 15º andar
04543-011 – São Paulo
SP - Brazil
Japan Western Asset Management Company Ltd Shin Marunouchi Building 36th Fl., 1-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6536 Phone: + 81-(0)3-4520-4300 Singapore Western Asset Management Company Pte. Ltd. 1 George Street, #23-01 Singapore 049145 Phone: +65-6428-3600